Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's been a long time, baby

I want to apologize for the terrible lack of posting - I know I've said this before, but I do want to be better about posting, and since I want to review the week before the wedding (which was busy, wonderful, fun, and stressful all at the same time, and Adam and I couldn't have done it without some very lovely people who spent the better part of a week helping us. We love you lots!!). I got an email from our photographer last night letting me know that our proofs are ready! I'm so excited to see them. For any of you who didn't get the link from me when he posted a few on his website, you can see them on his blog. Here are a couple of my favorites:
 mom-and-shoes.jpg awesome-photo.jpg sparkler-exit.jpg

So, like I said, I can't wait to see the rest! And, Adam and I still have another session to do with Brian, which I'm not going to say too much about just yet.

I do want to update you on what's been going on medically with me. A month and a day before the wedding, I was getting very excited. I had a post planned - nothing too exciting, but something to mark the occasion. However, someone had other plans for marking the final month countdown. I woke up that next morning, august 6th, and as I was getting ready for work, I suddenly had excruciating pain in my abdomen. I had had some pain the previous evening and already had a doctor apt on the 8th. Well, let's just say that there was NO way I was going to wait two days for an answer to the horrible pain I was feeling. So, I laid on the couch until the doc's office opened at 8:30 and told them I HAD to come in that morning. There was only one way I had found to lay that didn't hurt as bad as other positions, so the 45 minute drive to the doctor was rush hour traffic, no less. The diagnosis was an ovarian cyst, which I later found out to be two of them growing into each other. After a prescription of controlled narcotics, the pain was just slightly more tolerable...and I spent the next four days on the couch, in the same position, eating only granola bars as everything else made me nauseated. I lost a quick 5 or so pounds in those days and also lost a LOT of time working on my projects. Even after I was able to get up off the couch, everything was difficult, even standing up to walk or shower. Soo....not much got done except a lot of worrying. There was talk of surgery, but with a long recovery period of 6 weeks or more (uh...I had three weeks, not 6...). If we did the surgery before, there was no way I would be recovered by the wedding...and if we waited, there was the chance the cysts could burst suddenly, requiring immediate surgery as well. So, the honeymoon to Jamaica was out...and there was even talk between Adam, Mom, and myself of how feasible it would be to postpone the wedding. We knew if that happened, we most likely wouldn't have the wedding until Adam graduated, unless it was a quick weekend thing. So, we just said we'd keep going as if nothing was wrong. I went to the doctor once a week until the wedding and we had to re-plan the honeymoon. Luckily we had bought trip insurance at the last minute and were able to get all but about 200 dollars back. I gradually had less and less pain leading up to the wedding, but still a lot of anxiety. After the honeymoon, I went back to the doctor and he decided everything looked fine and seemed to be clearing up on its own, so no surgery. There's been no problems since, but I really hope this is a one-time occurrence.

Since we've been home from the wedding and honeymoon (to Vail, CO), I've been on a bit of a wedding break. There was TONS of cleaning to be done and I still have craft supplies strewn about the apartment that need to be sorted through, but its much more manageable. I feel like I'm finally ready to begin going back through the wedding again, to share it with you as well as to keep it for myself. The memories are nothing but lovely and Adam and I both feel the wedding was perfect, even despite a few things we forgot to do (more on that later). However, I needed a bit of time to step back from the planning and details and just let it sink in that I am Mrs. Mabe - or will soon be officially...I decided to wait until after the election to begin changing my name so that there was no question of who I was. My vote WILL count, dangit!

So...I'm going to be better with blog posts, and I'm going to get to major work on my thank-you cards. Then...its onto rearranging the whole apartment...things just seem to be everywhere!

Ok...I should be in bed now...I got my flu shot today and I'm feeling a bit extra tired... Well, like I said, I'll talk to you soon!

Love, Mrs. Mabe


  1. KNhcTj anmtcykpwyis, [url=]cbaikpoukaeq[/url], [link=]redmbhgaqyeq[/link],

  2. I feel like this was forever ago. but wow what a story! We should all get together just to visit!

  3. 2iwdRu eknztrstpxab, [url=]wpimbtebuxmj[/url], [link=]ioyfdzbysnhw[/link],

  4. zoCPk7 ledsdoounkkf, [url=]tdrbejeiffez[/url], [link=]socuwqxiclfk[/link],

  5. w79ivn hmwaiekecyqh, [url=]gtjdeqdysaah[/url], [link=]mbgxbkuhwycb[/link],